The entity you are contracting with is: Home, Business & Beyond Marketplace, LLC dba HBBMarketplace. In this User Agreement, these entities are individually and collectively referred to as “HBBMarketplace” “we“, “our” or “us.”
Please be advised that this User Agreement contains provisions that govern how claims you and we have against each other are resolved (see “Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability” and “Legal Disputes” provisions below). It also contains an Agreement to Arbitrate which will, with limited exception, require you to submit claims you have against us or our agents to binding and final arbitration, unless you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. If you do not opt out: (1) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against us or our agents on an individual basis, not as a plaintiff or class member in any class or representative action or proceeding and (2) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.
HBBMarketplace is an online marketplace that allows its users to offer, sell and buy just about anything in a variety of pricing formats and locations. The actual contract for sale is directly between the seller and buyer. HBBMarketplace is not a party to the transaction, and it may not be the seller.
Any guidance we provide as part of our Services, such as pricing, shipping, listing, and sourcing is solely informational and you may decide to follow it or not. Also, while we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various programs, HBBMarketplace has no control over and does not guarantee: the existence, quality, safety or legality of items advertised; the truth or accuracy of users’ content or listings; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
In connection with using or accessing our Services you agree to comply with this User Agreement, our policies, our terms, and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, and you will not:
- post, list or upload content or items in inappropriate categories or areas on our sites;
- breach or circumvent any laws, regulations, third-party rights or our systems, Services, policies, or determinations of your account status;
- use our Services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts (for example, if you are under 18 years old), or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using our Services, or are a person with whom transactions are prohibited under economic or trade sanctions;
- fail to pay for items purchased by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in an HBBMarketplace policy, for example, the seller has materially changed the item’s description after you buy;
- fail to deliver items sold by you, unless you have a valid reason as set out in an HBBMarketplace policy;
- manipulate the price of any item or interfere with any other user’s listings;
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, deceptive, defamatory, or libelous content;
- take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems;
- transfer your HBBMarketplace account (including feedback) and user ID to another party without our consent;
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm HBBMarketplace or the interests or property of users;
- use any robot, spider, scraper, data mining tools, data gathering and extraction tools, or other automated means to access our Services for any purpose, except with the prior express permission of HBBMarketplace;
- interfere with the functioning of our Services, such as by imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- export or re-export any HBBMarketplace application or tool, except in compliance with the export control laws, and rules and policies of any relevant jurisdictions;
- infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, publicity, moral, database, and/or other intellectual property rights (collectively, “Intellectual Property Rights”) that belong to or are licensed to HBBMarketplace. Some, but not all, actions that may constitute infringement are reproducing, performing, displaying, distributing, copying, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling, or preparing derivative works from content that belongs to HBBMarketplace or someone else;
- infringe any Intellectual Property Rights that belong to third parties affected by your use of our Services or post content that does not belong to you;
- commercialize any HBBMarketplace application or any information or software associated with such application, except with the prior express permission of HBBMarketplace;
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users without their consent; or
- circumvent any technical measures used to provide our Services.
Sellers must meet HBBMarketplace’s minimum performance standards. Failure to meet these standards may result in HBBMarketplace charging you additional fees, and/or limiting, restricting, suspending, or downgrading your seller account.
If we believe you are abusing HBBMarketplace and/or our Services in any way, we may, in our sole discretion and without limiting other remedies, limit, suspend, or terminate your user account(s) and access to our Services, delay or remove hosted content, remove any special status associated with your account(s), remove, not display, and/or demote listings, reduce or eliminate any discounts, and take technical and/or legal steps to prevent you from using our Services.
If we believe you are violating our policies prohibiting Offers to buy or sell outside of HBBMarketplace, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits on your buying and selling privileges, restrictions on listings and account features, suspension of your account, application of fees, and recovery of expenses for policy monitoring and enforcement. If you are a seller and you offer or reference your contact information or ask a buyer for their contact information in the context of buying or selling outside of HBBMarketplace, you may be liable to pay a final value fee applicable to that item, even if the item does not sell.
We may cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a substantial period of time. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion.
When a buyer or seller issue arises, we may consider the user’s performance history and the specific circumstances in applying our policies. We may choose to be more lenient with policy enforcement in an effort to do the right thing for both buyers and sellers. The foregoing does not limit or impair our right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone, or to terminate this agreement with anyone, for any reason at our discretion.
Fees and Taxes
The fees we charge for using our Services are listed on our Selling pages. We may change our selling fees from time to time by posting the changes on the HBBMarketplace site fourteen (14) days in advance, but with no advance notice required for temporary promotions or any changes that result in the reduction of fees.
If you are a seller, you are liable for transaction fees arising out of all sales made using some or all of our Services, even if sales terms are finalized or payment is made outside of HBBMarketplace. In particular, if you offer or reference your contact information or ask a buyer for their contact information in the context of buying or selling outside of HBBMarketplace, you may be liable to pay a final value fee applicable to that item, even if the item doesn’t sell, given your usage of our Services for the introduction to a buyer.
In any jurisdiction where HBBMarketplace has an obligation to collect sales taxes on sales you make using our Services, we may collect such sales taxes from you via the payment method on file under the terms of the Billing Agreement or via any other means available to us.
Selling fees don’t purchase exclusive rights to item exposure on our Services. We may display third-party advertisements (including links and references thereto) or other content in any part of our Services, in our sole discretion and without consent from, or payment, fee reduction, or other credit to, sellers.
In order to honor buyer and seller guarantees, presale listings must follow our policy, including listing the date the item will be available to ship. Activity that doesn’t follow our policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
When listing an item for sale on our Services, you agree to comply with HBBMarketplace’s Listing and Selling policy and also agree that:
- Listings must guarantee that the item will be shipped within 30 days of purchase
- The date the item will be available to ship must be clearly stated in the listing
- Listings must clearly indicate in the title and description that the item is being offered for sale
- Handling time details should include the time it will take the seller to acquire the item, in addition to the time it will take the seller to deliver the package to the shipping carrier
- You assume full responsibility for the item offered and the accuracy and content of the listing,
- Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (or up to 24 hours in some circumstances). HBBMarketplace can’t guarantee exact listing duration,
- Your fixed-price listings may renew automatically every calendar month, based on the listing terms at the time, until all quantities sell or the listing is ended by you or HBBMarketplace, in its sole discretion,
- The content you provide complies with all of our listing policies, including: Images, videos and text,
- Content that violates any of HBBMarketplace’s policies may be modified, obfuscated or deleted at HBBMarketplace’s sole discretion,
- We may revise product data associated with listings to supplement, remove, or correct information,
- We strive to create a marketplace where buyers find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:
- buyer’s location, search query, browsing site, and history;
- item’s location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;
- seller’s history, including listing practices,
- HBBMarketplace policy compliance, feedback, and defect rate; and
- number of listings matching the buyer’s query,
- To drive a positive user experience, a listing may not appear in some search and browse results regardless of the sort order chosen by the buyer,
- Some advanced listing upgrades will only be visible on some of our Services,
- Metatags and URL links that are included in a listing may be removed or altered so as to not affect third-party search engine results,
- We may provide you with optional recommendations to consider when creating your listings. Such recommendations may be based on the aggregated sales and performance history of similar sold and current listings; results may vary for individual listings. To drive the recommendations experience, you agree that we may display the sales and performance history of your individual listings to other sellers,
- For items listed in certain categories, subject to certain programs, and/or offered or sold at certain price points, Vendors may require the use of certain payment methods. For example, for inventory covered by authentication services, buyer and sellers may be subject to escrow and/or payment handling requirements,
- You will not sell and will promptly remove all listings for any product recalled by a manufacturer or governmental agency if the sale of the product is prohibited by law or regulation or the product poses a health or safety hazard as specified by any governmental agency. HBBMarketplace has no responsibility or liability for the safety or performance of any product that you list or sell using our Services, including any product that is subject to a recall. You are solely responsible for any non-conformity or defect in, or compliance with any public or private recall of any product you list or sell using our Services.
Prohibited and Controlled items
You may not post or sell any item that is restricted or prohibited by a federal, state or local law in any country or jurisdiction. Please be aware that the www.HBBMarketplace.com website (hereinafter the “HBBMarketplace.com Website”, which includes and is not limited to its sub-domains function as a global marketplace; thus the selling or posting of items may be prohibited because of laws outside of the jurisdiction where you reside. Below, we have listed some categories of prohibited or restricted items. HOWEVER, THIS LIST IS NOT INTENDED TO BE EXHAUSTIVE; YOU, AS THE SELLER, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT YOU ARE NOT POSTING AN ITEM THAT IS PROHIBITED BY LAW IN ANY JURISDICTION. Unless otherwise indicated and annotated accordingly below, the list of prohibited or restricted items as listed shall be applicable to the HBBMarketplace.com Website and its sub-domains.
For the purposes of this Product Listing Policy, transactions which are supported by the HBBMarketplace.com Transaction Services Agreement shall be “Relevant Online Transactions”.
HBBMarketplace.com prohibits the posting of items which may not be restricted or prohibited by law but are nonetheless controversial including:
- Items that encourage illegal activities (e.g. lock pick tools, synthetic urine for cheating drug tests);
- Items that are racially, religiously or ethnically derogatory, or that promote hatred, violence, racial or religious intolerance;
- Giveaways, lotteries, raffles, or contests;
- Stocks, bonds, investment interests, and other securities;
- Pornographic materials or items that are sexual in nature;
- Items that do not offer a physical product or service for sale, such as digital currencies and advertisements solely for the purpose of collecting user information.
HBBMarketplace.com, in its sole and exclusive discretion, reserves the right to impose additional restrictions and prohibitions. In the event of inconsistency, ambiguity or conflict of the contents of this policy with any other terms of HBBMarketplace.com, or between the English and other language versions of this policy, the English version and the decision of HBBMarketplace.com exercised in its absolute discretion shall always prevail.
HBBMarketplace.com strictly forbids any and all listing or sale of:
- ILLICIT DRUGS, PRECURSORS AND DRUG PARAPHERNALIA: narcotics, tranquilizers, psychotropic drugs, natural drugs, synthetic drugs, steroids and other controlled substances
- FLAMMABLE, EXPLOSIVE AND HAZARDOUS CHEMICALS
- FIREARMS, WEAPONS AND AMMUNITIONS
- GOVERNMENT, LAW ENFORCEMENT AND MILITARY ISSUED ITEMS
- MEDICAL DRUGS AND DEVICES
- OBSCENE OR PORNOGRAPHIC MATERIALS
- ILLEGAL SERVICES
- TOBACCO PRODUCTS
- CIRCUMVENTION DEVICES AND OTHER EQUIPMENT USED FOR ILLICT PURPOSES
- OTHER LISTING PROHIBITIONS
- The posting of any products containing harmful substances (e.g. toys containing lead paint) is forbidden on HBBMarketplace.com.
- Automotive airbags are expressly forbidden on the HBBMarketplace.com due to containing explosive materials.
- Refurbished products; the sale and purchase of refurbished mobile phones, laptops and computers is prohibited on the HBBMarketplace.com Website.
- Used products; used undergarments may not be listed or sold on the Site. Other used clothing may be listed, so long as the clothing has been thoroughly cleaned. Postings that contain inappropriate or extraneous descriptions will be removed.
- The listing or sale of used cosmetics is prohibited on HBBMarketplace.
- Contracts and tickets You are responsible for ensuring that your transaction is lawful and not in violation of any contractual obligation. Before posting an item on the Site, you should carefully read any contracts that you have entered into that might limit your right to sell your item on the Site. In other cases, such as when you are distributing a company’s products, you may have signed a separate contract restricting your ability to market the product. HBBMarketplace.com does not search for items that may raise these types of issues, nor can it review copies of private contracts, or adjudicate or take sides in private contract disputes. However, we want you to be aware that posting items in violation of your contractual obligations could put you at risk with third parties. HBBMarketplace.com therefore urges that you not list any item until you have reviewed any relevant contracts or agreements, and are confident you can legally sell it on the Site. If you have any questions regarding your rights under a contract or agreement, we strongly recommend that you contact the company with whom you entered into the contract and/or consult with an attorney.
- Event ticket resale policy. HBBMarketplace.com does not allows the listing of tickets to performance, sporting and entertainment events.
- Real estate is prohibited on HBBMarketplace.
- The posting or sale of stolen property is strictly forbidden on the Site, and violates international law. Stolen property includes items taken from private individuals, as well as property taken without authorization from companies or governments.
HBBMarketplace.com supports and cooperates with law enforcement efforts involving the recovery of stolen property and the prosecution of responsible individuals. If you are concerned that the images and/or text in your item description have been used by another Site user without your authorization, or that your intellectual property rights have been violated by such user, please contact our service team at info@HBBMarketplace.com.
Visit our Product Listing Policy for full details on Prohibited and Restricted items.
When buying an item on our Services, you agree that:
- You are responsible for reading the full item listing before committing to buy,
- You enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item,
- We do not transfer legal ownership of items from the seller to you,
International Buying and Selling
Many of our Services are accessible internationally. We may offer certain programs, tools, and site experiences of particular interest to international sellers and buyers, such as estimated local currency conversion and international shipping calculation tools. Sellers and buyers are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations applicable to the international sale, purchase, and shipment of items.
If you purchase an item on an HBBMarketplace site that is different from your registration site, you are subject to the User Agreement and applicable policies of that other HBBMarketplace site with respect to that particular purchase.
For sellers, you agree that we may display your listing for sale on an HBBMarketplace site other than the site where you listed your item for sale, based on your shipping settings. If you list your items with an international shipping option, the appearance of your listings on sites other than the listing site is not guaranteed. If you sell an item on an HBBMarketplace site that is different from your registration site, you are subject to the User Agreement and applicable policies, including any buyer protection programs, of that other HBBMarketplace site with respect to that particular sale.
You authorize us to use automated tools to translate your HBBMarketplace content and member-to-member communications, in whole or in part, into local languages where such translation solutions are available. We may provide you with tools which will enable you to translate content at your request. The accuracy and availability of any translation are not guaranteed.
For eligible items located in the United States and purchased by an international buyer the seller will simply ship the item to a parcel processing facility located in the United States after receiving notification of payment from the buyer. A third-party global shipping provider, will oversee the processing, customs clearance, and international shipment of the item on behalf of your international buyer.
Pursuant to a routed export transaction under the U.S. Export Administration Regulations and Foreign Trade Regulations, the buyer, as the Foreign Principal Party in Interest, will agree to assume responsibility for the export shipment. You remain liable for the accuracy of information you provide about items, and you agree to provide timely responses to requests for additional information.
You consent to the disclosure of certain personally identifiable information, as well as listing and order information, by HBBMarketplace to its affiliates, service providers, and other third parties (such as customs and revenue authorities, as well as other government agencies), in connection with the processing, export and customs clearance, and international transportation of any item.
Additional information about the program, including policies governing feedback, the handling of lost, damaged, and undeliverable items, returns, and the resolution of buyer protection claims for items that you sell through the program, can be found on our Return Policy pages.
When you provide content using our Services (directly or indirectly), you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise any and all Intellectual Property Rights you have in that content in connection with our provision, expansion, and promotion of our Services, in any media known now or developed in the future. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your right to enforce your Intellectual Property Rights in that content against HBBMarketplace, our assignees, our sublicensees, and their assignees in connection with our, those assignees’, and those sublicensees’ use of that content in connection with our provision, expansion, and promotion of our Services.
You represent and warrant that, for all such content you provide, you own or otherwise control all necessary rights to do so and to meet your obligations under this User Agreement. You represent and warrant that such content is accurate. You represent and warrant that use of any such content (including derivative works) by us, our users, or others in contract with us, and in compliance with this User Agreement, does not and will not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party. HBBMarketplace takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content provided by you or any third party.
We offer product data (including images, descriptions and specifications) that are provided by third parties (including HBBMarketplace users). You may use that content solely in your HBBMarketplace listings. HBBMarketplace may modify or revoke that permission at any time in our sole discretion. The product data includes copyrighted, trademarked and other proprietary materials. You agree not to remove any copyright, proprietary, or identification markings in the product data and not to create any derivative works based on that data (other than by including the data in your listings).
We try to offer reliable product data, but cannot promise that the content provided through our Services will always be available, accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You agree that HBBMarketplace is not responsible for examining or warranting the listings or content provided by third parties through our Services, and that you will not attempt to hold us or our data providers liable for inaccuracies.
The name “HBBMarketplace” and other HBBMarketplace marks, logos, designs, and phrases that we use in connection with our Services are trademarks, service marks, or trade dress of HBBMarketplace in the U.S. and other countries. They may not be used without the express written prior permission of HBBMarketplace.
Intellectual Property Violations and Copyright Infringement
We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement under the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Holds and Restricted Funds
To protect HBBMarketplace from risk of liability for your actions as a seller, HBBMarketplace may instruct PayPal to temporarily restrict access to funds in your PayPal account based on certain factors, including, but not limited to, selling history, seller performance, returns, riskiness of the listing category, transaction value, or the filing of an HBBMarketplace Money Back Guarantee case.
Authorization to Contact You; Recording Calls; Analyzing Message Content
HBBMarketplace may contact you using autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages, at any telephone number that you have provided us, to: (i) notify you regarding your account; (ii) troubleshoot problems with your account; (iii) resolve a dispute; (iv) collect a debt; (v) poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires; or (vi) as otherwise necessary to service your account or enforce this User Agreement, our policies, applicable law, or any other agreement we may have with you. HBBMarketplace may also contact you using autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages for marketing purposes (e.g., offers and promotions), if you consent to such communications. Our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information is governed by our User Privacy Notice. As described in our User Privacy Notice, HBBMarketplace may collect other telephone numbers for you and may place manual non-marketing calls to any of those numbers and autodialed non-marketing calls to any landline. Standard telephone minute and text charges may apply and may include overage fees if you have exceeded your plan limits. You may change your marketing communications preference for calls at any time, including through the Communication Preferences window or tab section of your My Account Settings. You may also opt-out of a specific text marketing campaign by replying “STOP” to such marketing text message.
HBBMarketplace may share your telephone number with its authorized service providers as stated in our User Privacy Notice. These service providers may contact you using autodialed or prerecorded calls and text messages, only as authorized by HBBMarketplace to carry out the purposes identified above.
HBBMarketplace may, without further notice or warning and in its discretion, monitor or record telephone conversations you or anyone acting on your behalf has with HBBMarketplace or its agents for quality control and training purposes, or for its own protection.
HBBMarketplace’s automated systems scan and analyze the contents of every message sent through its messages platform, including messages between users, to detect and prevent fraudulent activity or violations of HBBMarketplace’s User Agreement, including the incorporated terms, notices, rules, and policies. This may result in a manual review of messages sent through our messaging tools. This scanning and analysis may occur before, during, or after the message is sent, or while in storage, and may result in your message being delayed or withheld. HBBMarketplace may store message contents, including to conduct this scanning and analysis.
Privacy of Others; Marketing
If HBBMarketplace provides you with information about another user, you agree you will use the information only for the purposes that it is provided to you. You may not disclose or distribute a user’s information to a third party for purposes unrelated to our Services. Additionally, you may only send marketing communications to users who have consented to receive them, and only using HBBMarketplace Services.
Returns and cancellations for sellers
Sellers can create rules to automate replacements, returns, and refunds under certain circumstances. For all new sellers, in listings where returns are accepted, HBBMarketplace will set a default rule that automates the return process. Sellers may remove or customize their return preferences in their account settings within My HBBMarketplace. Where settings have been set to automatically accept requests for returns or replacements, an HBBMarketplace-generated return shipping label will be provided to your buyer.
HBBMarketplace, or the HBBMarketplace payments entities may collect the cost of the return shipping label from sellers when:
- An HBBMarketplace-generated return shipping label is used, and the seller is responsible for its cost;
- Your returns have been automated;
- You fail to send your buyer a return shipping label and, instead, an HBBMarketplace-generated shipping label is used; and/or
- Item is not as described in the listing and is returned.
If the buyer wants to return an item to you, your options for responding depend on why they want to send it back. If the item is damaged, faulty, or doesn’t match the listing description, they’re covered, and you’ll have to refund them or replace the item, even if you don’t offer returns. If you accept a return from the buyer, they need to send the item back to you before you issue a refund. If the buyer is sending an item back because it doesn’t match the listing description or it arrived damaged or faulty, you’re responsible for the cost of return shipping, even if you don’t offer returns. Sellers can offer buyers full or partial refunds up to 90 days after the original transaction date. If they’ve changed their mind, your options depend on your return policy.
Cancellations for buyers
Buyers generally do not have the right to cancel an order. Buyers can request to cancel an order on HBBMarketplace within one hour after their purchase or commitment, and the seller will have 3 days to accept or decline the request. If the order cannot be cancelled, buyers may still be permitted to return the item if the item is eligible for return. All buyer requested cancellations of orders must be in accordance with our Order cancellation policy.
Most HBBMarketplace sales go smoothly, but if there’s a problem with a purchase, buyers can get their money back if an item didn’t arrive, is faulty or damaged, or doesn’t match the listing. You agree to comply with the policy and permit us to make a final decision on any case.
A designated HBBMarketplace process (each, a “payments entity”) manages payments on behalf of sellers for most sales (such management described as “managed payments” or similar). Regardless of whether or not HBBMarketplace or an HBBMarketplace payments entity manages a sale, the contract for sale underlying the purchase of goods is directly concluded between seller and the buyer.
In order to use managed payments, and to continue to list and sell on HBBMarketplace, you must:
- provide the payments entity with information about you and/or your business to meet its compliance requirements, including those involving identity verification, anti-money laundering controls, and sanctions screening as required by applicable laws and policies; and
- pass such verification and screening and otherwise meet the compliance requirements of the payments entity, as determined by the payments entity; and
- provide bank account information for a U.S.-based checking account so that the payments entity can link such checking account to your HBBMarketplace account, allowing the payments entity to pay you.
- the payments entity may obtain information about you from third-parties to verify your identity, comply with anti-money laundering and sanctions screening obligations, and for other purposes in connection with managed payments; and
- the payments entity may use third-party payments service providers to assist it in providing managed payments services, including companies that process payments, perform risk assessments (such as credit agencies) or compliance checks, verify identity, and validate payment methods. HBBMarketplace, the payments entity, and their affiliates may send personal data associated with you and your account to such third-parties.
The payments entity may, in its sole discretion, manage payments on your behalf even if you haven’t provided all requested information, and the payments entity may withhold payouts pending receipt of such information.
If you are a buyer completing a purchase from a seller that is using managed payments:
- You may pay for such items using those payment methods that the payments entity makes available, and the payments entity will manage settlement to sellers. By completing purchases from sellers who use managed payments, buyers authorize the payments entity to initiate payments using the buyers’ selected payment method and collect the transaction amounts on behalf of sellers. Accordingly, payments received by the payments entity from buyers satisfy buyers’ obligations to pay sellers in the amount of payments received.
- In certain instances, your transaction may be declined, frozen, or held for any reason including for suspected fraud, AML compliance, compliance with economic or trade sanctions, in connection with HBBMarketplace’s internal risk controls or due to potential violations of any policy of HBBMarketplace or the payments entity, or a policy of one of the payments entity’s third-party payment services providers.
- HBBMarketplace, the payments entity or its affiliates may save payment information, such as credit card or debit card numbers, and card expiration dates, entered by you on our Services when you make a purchase, redeem a coupon, or make any other transaction on our Services where card information is entered. Such stored payment information may be used as your default payment method for future transactions on our Services. At any time, you can update your card information or enter new card information, at which point the new card information shall be stored as your default payment method. You may make changes to your default payment method through the Personal Information section under the Account tab in My Account. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of information we have on file, and you consent to HBBMarketplace updating such stored information from time to time based on information provided by you, your bank or other payments services providers. You will only provide information about payment methods that you are authorized to use.
- Refund timing may vary in accordance with the rules of third parties, such as credit and debit card networks.
- You agree to comply with, and not cause a third party to violate, all applicable laws, regulations, rules and terms and conditions in connection with the use of managed payments. You understand that some third parties, such as credit and debit card issuers, credit and debit card networks and payments services providers, may have their own terms and conditions for the payment or settlement methods you choose to use in connection with managed payments transactions. Failure to abide by third party terms and conditions may result in fees assessed to you (for example, currency conversion fees from your credit card issuer if the transaction currency is different from your credit card currency) or other actions taken by such third parties, and you agree that the payments entity has no control over, or responsibility or liability for, such fees or actions.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
We try to keep our Services safe, secure, and functioning properly, but we cannot guarantee the continuous operation of or access to our Services. You agree that you are making use of our Services at your own risk, and that they are being provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all express or implied warranties, terms and conditions including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
In addition, to the extent permitted by applicable law, in no event will HBBMarketplace (including our affiliates, and our contractors) be liable to you or any third party under any claim at law or in equity for any consequential damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, other intangible losses, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages), and all such damages or losses are expressly excluded by this agreement whether or not they were foreseeable or HBBMarketplace was advised of such damages or losses. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we (including our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and our and their officers, directors, agents and employees) are not liable, and you agree not to hold us responsible, for any damages or losses (including, but not limited to, loss of money, goodwill or reputation, profits, other intangible losses, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages) resulting directly or indirectly from:
- the content you provide (directly or indirectly) using our Services;
- your use of or your inability to use our Services;
- pricing, shipping, format, or other guidance provided by HBBMarketplace;
- delays or disruptions in our Services;
- viruses or other malicious software obtained by accessing or linking to our Services;
- glitches, bugs, errors, or inaccuracies of any kind in our Services;
- damage to your hardware device from the use of any HBBMarketplace Service;
- the content, actions, or inactions of third parties, including items listed using our Services or the destruction of allegedly fake items;
- a suspension or other action taken with respect to your account or breach of the Abusing HBBMarketplace Section above;
- the duration or manner in which your listings appear in search results as set out in the Listing Conditions Section above; or
- your need to modify practices, content, or behavior, or your loss of or inability to do business, as a result of changes to this User Agreement or our policies.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Regardless of the previous paragraphs, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of (a) any amounts due under the HBBMarketplace Money Back Guarantee up to the price the item sold for on HBBMarketplace (including any applicable sales tax) and its original shipping costs, (b) the amount of fees in dispute not to exceed the total fees, which you paid to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to the liability, or (c) $100.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. In entering into this release you expressly waive any protections (whether statutory or otherwise) that would otherwise limit the coverage of this release to include only those claims which you may know or suspect to exist in your favor at the time of agreeing to this release.
You will indemnify and hold us (including our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as our and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this User Agreement, your improper use of our Services or your breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS AND WILL HAVE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPACT ON HOW CLAIMS YOU AND HBBMARKETPLACE HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED.
In this Legal Disputes Section, the term “related third parties” includes your and HBBMarketplace’s respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent companies, predecessors, successors, assigns, as well as your, HBBMarketplace’s, and these entities’ respective employees and agents.
You and HBBMarketplace agree that any claim or dispute at law or equity that has arisen, or may arise, between you and HBBMarketplace (or any related third parties) that relates in any way to or arises out of this or previous versions of this User Agreement, your use of or access to the Services, the actions of HBBMarketplace or its agents, or any products or services sold or purchased through the Services, will be resolved in accordance with the provisions set forth in this Legal Disputes Section.
You agree that, except to the extent inconsistent with or preempted by federal law, the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this User Agreement and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and HBBMarketplace, except as otherwise stated in this User Agreement.
Agreement to Arbitrate
You and HBBMarketplace each agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen, or may arise, between you and HBBMarketplace (or any related third parties) that relate in any way to or arise out of this or previous versions of the User Agreement, your use of or access to our Services, the actions of HBBMarketplace or its agents, or any products or services sold, offered, or purchased through our Services shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than in court.
Alternatively, you may assert your claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify and so long as the matter remains in such court and advances only on an individual (non-class, non-representative) basis. The Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), and to the extent not inconsistent with the FAA, the laws of the State of Georgia, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Agreement to Arbitrate.
Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief
YOU AND HBBMARKETPLACE AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, OR REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND HBBMARKETPLACE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, CLASS, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S). ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER USERS. If a court decides that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this paragraph’s limitations as to a particular claim or a particular request for a remedy (such as a request for injunctive relief), then that claim or that remedy request (and only that claim or that remedy request) must be severed from the arbitration and may be brought in court (pursuant to Section 18.C below), subject to your and HBBMarketplace’s right to appeal the court’s decision. All other claims will be arbitrated.
Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, and court review of an arbitration award is very limited. However, an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individualized basis that a court can award to an individual. An arbitrator should apply the terms of the User Agreement as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to arbitrability, the scope or enforceability of this Agreement to Arbitrate, or the interpretation of Section 1 of this Agreement to Arbitrate (“Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief”), shall be for a court of competent jurisdiction to decide.
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) under its rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Consumer Arbitration Rules and the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules, and the AAA’s International Centre for Dispute Resolution Rules (as applicable), as modified by this Agreement to Arbitrate. Absent agreement of the parties, the AAA shall decide which AAA rules apply to the arbitration. The AAA’s rules are available at www.adr.org and www.icdr.org. In the event that the AAA is unavailable to administer the arbitration, another administrator will be selected by the parties or, if the parties cannot reach the agreement, the court (pursuant to Section below) shall select the administrator.
A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a valid Notice of Dispute (“Notice”), mailed to HBBMarketplace, Attn: Litigation Department, Re: Notice of Dispute, P.O. Box 870902, Stone Mountain, Georgia USA 30087. HBBMarketplace will send any Notice to you to the physical address we have on file associated with your HBBMarketplace account; it is your responsibility to keep your physical address up to date. To be valid, you must personally sign the Notice and complete all information on the Notice form, including a description of the nature and basis of the claims you are asserting, the specific relief sought, and the email address and phone number associated with your account.
If you and HBBMarketplace are unable to resolve the claims described in a valid Notice within 30 days after HBBMarketplace receives that Notice, you or HBBMarketplace may initiate arbitration proceedings. A form for initiating arbitration proceedings is available on the AAA’s site at www.adr.org. In addition to filing this form with the AAA in accordance with its rules and procedures, the party initiating the arbitration must mail a copy of the completed form to the opposing party. You may send a copy to HBBMarketplace at the following address: HBBMarketplace: P.O. Box 870902, Stone Mountain, Georgia USA 30087. In the event HBBMarketplace initiates an arbitration against you, it will send a copy of the completed form to the physical address we have on file associated with your HBBMarketplace account. Any settlement offer made by you or HBBMarketplace shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator.
If you are a resident of the United States, then the arbitration hearing shall be held in the county in which HBBMarketplace operates or at another mutually agreed location. If you are not a resident of the United States, then the arbitration hearing will be held in Decatur, Georgia, United States, or another mutually agreed location. Where no disclosed claims or counterclaims exceed $2,500, the dispute shall be resolved by the submission of documents only, subject to the arbitrator’s discretion to require an in-person hearing, if the circumstances warrant. In cases where an in-person hearing is held, you and/or HBBMarketplace may attend by telephone, unless the arbitrator requires otherwise. The language of the arbitration will be English.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with applicable law, including recognized principles of equity, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same HBBMarketplace user to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator’s award shall be final and binding and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Costs of Arbitration
Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules, unless otherwise stated in this Agreement to Arbitrate. If you complied with the Notice of Dispute procedures of Section 2 of this Agreement (“Arbitration Procedures”) and the value of the relief sought is $100 or less, at your request, HBBMarketplace will pay all administration and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration. Any request for payment of fees by HBBMarketplace should be submitted by mail to the AAA along with your Demand for Arbitration and HBBMarketplace will make arrangements to pay administration and arbitrator fees directly to the AAA. In the event the arbitrator determines the claim(s) you assert in the arbitration to be frivolous, you agree to reimburse HBBMarketplace for all fees associated with the arbitration paid by HBBMarketplace on your behalf that you otherwise would be obligated to pay under the AAA’s rules.
With the exception of any of the provisions in Section 1 of this Agreement to Arbitrate (“Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief”), if an arbitrator or court decides that any part of this Agreement to Arbitrate is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of this Agreement to Arbitrate shall still apply.
IF YOU ARE A NEW USER OF OUR SERVICES, YOU CAN CHOOSE TO REJECT THIS AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE (“OPT-OUT”) BY MAILING US A WRITTEN OPT-OUT NOTICE (“OPT-OUT NOTICE”). THE OPT-OUT NOTICE MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN 30 DAYS AFTER THE DATE YOU ACCEPT THE USER AGREEMENT FOR THE FIRST TIME. YOU MUST MAIL THE OPT-OUT NOTICE TO HBBMARKETPLACE INC., ATTN: LITIGATION DEPARTMENT, RE: OPT-OUT NOTICE, HBBMARKETPLACE: P.O. BOX 870902, STONE MOUNTAIN, GEORGIA, USA 30087.
You must complete and mail that to us in order to opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. You must include: your name, address (including street address, city, state and zip code), and the user ID(s) and email address(es) associated with the HBBMarketplace account(s) to which the opt-out applies. You must sign the Notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. If you opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate, all other parts of this User Agreement and its Legal Disputes Section will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Agreement to Arbitrate has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with us.
Future Amendments to the Agreement to Arbitrate
Notwithstanding any provision in the User Agreement to the contrary, you and we agree that if we make any amendment to this Agreement to Arbitrate (other than an amendment to any notice address or site link provided herein) in the future, that amendment shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against HBBMarketplace prior to the effective date of the amendment. The amendment shall apply to all other disputes or claims governed by the Agreement to Arbitrate that have arisen or may arise between you and HBBMarketplace. We will notify you of amendments to this Agreement to Arbitrate by posting the amended terms on www.HBBMarketplace.com at least 30 days before the effective date of the amendments and by providing notice through the HBBMarketplace Message Center and/or by email. If you do not agree to these amended terms, you may close your account within the 30-day period and you will not be bound by the amended terms.
Judicial Forum for Legal Disputes
All claims or disputes that are not subject to the Agreement to Arbitrate above is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute, either as a result of your decision to opt out of the Agreement to Arbitrate and all matters brought pursuant to and in aid of the Agreement to Arbitrate will be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in De Kalb County, Georgia. You and HBBMarketplace agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within De Kalb County, Georgia for the purpose of litigating all such claims, disputes, or matters.
Except as otherwise provided in this User Agreement, if any provision of this User Agreement is held to be invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, such provision shall be struck out and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. In our sole discretion, we may assign this User Agreement, and in such event, we will post notice on www.HBBMarketplace.com – opens new window or tab.
Headings are for reference purposes only and do not limit the scope or extent of such Section. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. We do not guarantee we will take action against all breaches of this User Agreement.
We may amend this User Agreement at any time by posting the amended terms on www.HBBMarketplace.com. Our right to amend the User Agreement includes the right to modify, add to, or remove terms in the User Agreement. We will provide you 30 days’ notice by posting the amended terms. Additionally, we will notify you through the HBBMarketplace Message Center and/or by email. Your continued access or use of our Services constitutes your acceptance of the amended terms. We may also ask you to acknowledge your acceptance of the User Agreement through an electronic click-through. This User Agreement may not otherwise be amended except through mutual agreement by you and an HBBMarketplace representative who intends to amend this User Agreement and is duly authorized to agree to such an amendment.
Without limiting HBBMarketplace’s ability to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services, HBBMarketplace may also terminate this Agreement with anyone at any time for any reason, at our sole discretion, by giving notice of such termination.
The policies and terms posted on our Services may be changed from time to time. Changes take effect when we post them on the HBBMarketplace Service.
If you create or use an account on behalf of a business entity, you represent that you are authorized to act on behalf of such business and bind the business to this User Agreement. Such account is owned and controlled by the business entity. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this User Agreement.
The User Agreement and all terms and polices posted through our Services set forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and HBBMarketplace, and supersede all prior understandings and agreements of the parties.
The following Sections survive any termination of this User Agreement: Fees, Content, Holds and Restricted Funds, Managed Payments, Additional Terms, Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability; Release, Indemnity, Legal Disputes, and General.